The holiday season is upon us! In the coming weeks, it will be hard to focus on the real meaning of the season with so many events, messages – and yes, appeals – bombarding us.
“Giving Tuesday’ is a movement that started in recent years as a response to the commercialization and consumerism of the post-Thanksgiving shopping bonanza beginning with Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Everybody loves a bargain, but with so much attention focused on buying, it’s hard to remember the spirit of giving that’s at the heart of the holiday season.
November 28, we’re joining that national day of generosity. #GivingTuesday. It’s a day when you can make an impact on the Illinois Bobcat Foundation and the bobcats in Illinois.
With your help, we’ll raise funds to continue to advocate, educate, and help fund additional research for bobcats in Illinois.
What have we accomplished in 2017?
- Raised money to fund seven radio tracking collars for bobcat research
- Hosted an educational seminar at the Wildlife Discovery Center, which highlighted the most recent bobcat research in Illinois by Dr. Chris Jacques
- Launched our website www.illinoisbobcat.org
- Hosted an informational table at the Wild Things 2017 conference
- Presented on bobcats in Illinois at a Sinnissippi Audubon event
- Hosted a children’s activity booth at the Rockford City Market
What would we like to accomplish in 2018?
- Provide educational resources on our website
- Assist with additional bobcat research
- Participate in events to provide education on bobcats
- Support bobcat rehabilitation, as needed
How can you help and be a part our #GivingTuesday campaign?
- Consider making a gift on #GivingTuesday – https://goo.gl/4Tnbaj
- Help us get the word out on social media, follow us on Twitter and Facebook to share our #GivingTuesday posts
With your support, we can continue to do more through advocacy, education, and research for bobcats in Illinois.